Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Lab 7 Best one yet.









 Today's Easter   Lab was by far the best for all of us from the students to the college kids. We all have grown confident  with our experience with another to work better with each other. My group and I began with skill assessment games, in which we design our games to test and see how well the children can do specific skills which were dribbling like a basketball and kicking a soccer ball to a goal. We all played our games and my game was last, I modified it a bit from the one in I practiced in lab to not make it so a race. That way there wont be a clear winner and the kids can really work on the skill, therefore we have qualitative attempts not quick ones so they can go through it faster and win the race. The game is that the students are making breakfast: eggs specifically.  First they have to beat the eggs by dribbling the ball with proper technique like a basketball at hip height with heir finger tips 10 times. Once they have done that they have get rid of the egg shells: by kicking the ball in to goal, and if they miss they try again till they make it in. At first during the practical it was a race, then I changed it by making more lines that way more children are involved and not just standing around and waiting. Also to avoid it being a race I told the children that I really want to focus on the technique , and that I want to see how many we can do during the time that the music is playing. The game worked out very well but the children were really tired because I was last of my members to go. The children then got water and went down stairs to eat and rejuvenate for more fun going out side! Outside me and the older boys played god running tag we all had so much fun chasing each other but I told them to keep it safe and watch out from running into each other. We played and ran hard and then 2 kids that I had to chase just sat on the playground because we were tired so we spoke. I asked them hows school and what do they want to be when they grow up. They both told me that their on the football team and one wants to be a Coat guard while the other wants to be a NHL player. I told them those are some pretty active careers you guys must be fit. He told me his father played High School football and the same position as him Full Back. I asked them if they do push ups and sit ups and unfortunately they both said no, I told them to start even if its as little as 5 just keep progressing and going up. Then I asked if they were ready to play some more and we played in till we had to go back in side. Once we were inside we rattled some kids together and played a game of kids vs college students that they had to trick us and throw the ball between our legs as we are covering them. Finally we finished with a Easter bunny maze . In which the children had to jump over cones, into hula hops 1 leg at a time, crawl in a bunny hole and finish with a 2 leg bunny hop. The lab went very smooth because of all the cooperation we had with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment